Thursday 27 February 2014

OJ's Movie Review - The Monuments Men

A unique film, an amazing story, a brilliant cast.

The Monuments Men stars George Clooney, Matt Damon, Bill Murray, John Goodman and Hugh Bonneville. The basic premise is that in WWII a group of men, all with a passion for different types of art, must travel around Europe stealing back the stolen art from the Nazis. I have to say before watching this I loved the trailer and was quite excited until seeing some reviews which said it was no where near as good as they expected but nevertheless I went and saw it and I came away understanding where people criticized it but all-in-all I enjoyed it quite a bit. It's fun seeing all these brilliant actors in one film, the comedy is good, the story has a nice moral and all together I liked it. I've hear people say it's boring but I wasn't bored at all, the pacing inst fast, and there aren't particularly any 'action scenes' but it's by no means boring. The way the film is put together I thought was a little strange, the first half felt like a series of sketches mixed with a very dramatic story of World War horror; about half way through it got much better but you did get the odd scene which added nothing to the story but gave you a good laugh, which I did. So in the end The Monuments Men was a gentle film with some very funny moments and some quite sad moments and worth a watch if you want a break from the fast-paced CGI destruction of modern cinema. I'D SEE IT AGAIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment